Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Gold Stars

To follow up from my last post, when I was overwhelmed with house work my sister reccomended an app that she uses as well to help her with housework.  The app is called Home Routines and as simple as it is I am finding it so effective.  It breaks your day in to two segments; Morning Chores and Evening Chores, and then it breaks your home into Zones.  There are suggested things for chores and zones but everything can be customized.  As you complete each task you give yourself  a gold star and you can see how much you have accomplished for the day.
 I am really loving this and I am finding that this is just what I need to help keep my home in order.  My Morning Chores conisist of this:
  • Start Washing Machine
  • Check Calendar
  • Breakfast Dishes
  • Wipe Highchair and Table
  • 15 minutes in Focus Zone
My Evening Chores are:
  • Dinner dishes
  • Wipe highchair and table
  • Pick up toys
  • Make coffee
Because I am not overwhelming my self on a daily basis of trying to clean the whole house at once, I find that since beginning to do this on Saturday my kitchen and dining room have stayed cleaned and yes my sink is still shiny!  So along with the help of the little fairy, Fly Lady and the home routines app I am confident by month end my whole house will have a deep clean that will be easily manigable for me to upkeep.  Which is a huge relief on my mind, body and spirit!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds really neat! If I ever find myself with a smart phone, I'll check it out!

    ReplyDelete