Thursday, January 20, 2011

Navigating Through My Mind

I have a lot of dreams and ideas for my blog, so I really hope that you will stick with me as I begin to add layers.  I decided that I should probably list a few things, key words and other tid bits that I will use throughout my blog.  I will be tagging things so that you can use this as a resource if you would like.  I find that lists are sometimes the best way for me to navigate through my mind, so I hope you like lists too!!
  • I'm the first to admit that I get a lot of idea's from other sites, so I will always give credit where credit is due.  I don't want to inundate you with a ton of material, so I will incorporate all of my favorite sites in time.
  • I'll be tagging different posts that I think can be used as a resource.  Here are the tag idea's I have so far:
    • Daily Deals- these are Daily Deal sites that come to your inbox or FB page
    • MQuest Fave-these are my favorite items and sites
    • MQuest Original-these are deals that I have discovered all by myself
    • Diaper Deal-these are coupons that go with the Amazn Diaper Deal
  • My intention is not for this to be a daily deals site.  I won't be scouring ad's or sites every morning to post.  Honestly I don't have the time and there are hundreds of other sites that do that for me, so why would I!
  • I'm not the "best" shopper in the world, I could do a lot more, but frankly what I do works for us.  Yes in a perfect world, I would sit in my coupon room, where I have everything neatly organized, while my kids play quietly in their room or are sleeping soundly in their beds 5 mins after I lay them down sleepy but still awake.  Well that's just not my reality, in my world I'm nursing a baby who refuses a bottle and acts like she is superman and it is her cryptonite, my active 2 yr old is running around the house saying "momma wook at me, come play momma" and who will only go to sleep if his lovey is snugly under his arm.  Did I mention I'm his lovey?  And we live in a 2 bedroom home, so you get the picture!
  • I will be totally open and honest with you.  I let it all out, the good, the bad and the ugly of marriage, motherhood, being a woman and life in general.  I feel like as women we isolate ourselves by constantly making ridiculous expectations of ourselves.  There have been so many instances where I will be talking with a friend on the verge of a meltdown,divorce, nervous breakdown and she'll say "oh, that's totally normal, same thing happened to me" and I always think "What?!?!? Well why didn't someone tell me that before!"
So there you have it, a sneak peek on how to navigate through my mind, wouldn't want you to get lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment