Monday, January 31, 2011

Sending Meals

When I had both babies I found meals to be the most fabulous gift someone could give us.  Especially after having Addie via c-section and having an almost 2 year old running around.  I was so blessed to have my sister come up once we were home from the hospital, she stayed with us for a few days and cooked and freezed meals for a whole day.  It was awesome! Now that my friends are having their 2nd and 3rd babies I really like to make them meals.  I just took a pot of the chicken and rice soup to a friend last week and she was so thankful that we didn't bring lasagna.  One of my friends in Michigan recently had her second baby and as much as I would love to drive up some soup it wasn't going to happen. SO I originally thought of sending them a Honeybaked ham meal, but when I got on their website it was really expensive.  I googled other company's but everything was gourmet and too steep for my budget.  Then I went to Omaha Steak's Website and they had some awesome deals!  They have a ton of daily meal specials to choose from, they have a variety of meats plus dessert and add on specials too.  I went through Ebates and got 3.5% cash back, plus $10 off my order, and I bought one of their daily deals that was about 50% off.  It is scheduled to arrive tomorrow so I'm excited to see how everything turned out.  I'll keep you all posted!

2 comments: