Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Check it Out

We are very fortunate to have an awesome library within walking distance from our house.  Obviously today was quite frigid so we drove.  I asked Augie this morning if we wanted to go to Cosi or the Library and he chose the library.  He absolutely loves it there which is fine by me.  We spent close to 2 hours there this morning and we didn't even go to story time.  He loves picking out books and playing with the kitchen set.  We always check out a few books when we are there and a few movies too.  I love to let Augie pick out books because he somehow picks out the coolest ones.  I'm always looking for new books, I feel like anytime we go to the book store they are always the same ones that we have seen a million times but the library has so many.  He's obsessed with animals so we of course had to get some Nat Geo books on Octopuses, Cheetah's and Hippopotamuses.  But the really cool books were these Follow The Line Books, one was Follow the Line Around the World and the other was Follow the Line Through the House.  They are so cool that I thought I would share, because like I said I'm always looking for fun new books.

Also on a side note, if you haven't explored your local library lately I definitely recommend it.  If the one nearest to you isn't that great than try a neighboring city.  Ours has all the new releases for DVDs, they have magazines, audio even downloadable books for those reader things. So no matter what your age is it's probably one the best free resources around!!

And if you don't subscribe to any of the parent magazines they usually have few with the Amazon coupons in them!

No comments:

Post a Comment