Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

So I told you yesterday about the benefits of Facebook Contests and today I found out I won one!! I'm so excited, I won Augie and I tickets to see Madagascar Live which Augie is just going to love.  One of our favorite indoor play places Firefly Play Cafe was having a contest about the strangest thing your little one has put in his or her mouth.  Well some of you remember the Dead Baby Bird Incident ( here it is in the words of Augie.)  But in a nutshell we were playing outside when Aug was about 14 mos old.  He loved eating mulch and I was constantly batting things out of his mouth.  Well I saw him put something in his mouth and I actually thought it was a wild mushroom, so I ran over to him to bat it away as he was pulling it out to examine when to my surprise it was a FEATHERLESS DEAD BABY BIRD!!!!!!!  I freaked out grabbed him ran into the house screaming and trying not to vomit.  I took him into the kitchen and sprayed his face with the sprayer trying to get him to rinse out his mouth.  Try to tell a 14 mos old to rinse and spit, it doesn't work.  Coincidentally a few days later Augie came down with the Chicken Pox, when I was telling the pediatrician about what had happened and asking him if they could be connected.  ( I was a new mom!)  He listened intently, paused and then said "Wow, that's got to be the grossest thing I have ever heard."  and then when I left I heard him telling one of his partners "you gotta hear what this little guy tried to eat!!"  I felt awesome!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment