Monday, February 7, 2011

Meal Planning Follow Up

We are now heading into week 3 and I must say it is going very well.  Ive been trying alot of new recipes and we have had a few hits and misses along the way.  I must admit I hate when dinners are a flop, especially if I don't like it it really bums me out.  Last week I made a new crock recipe and in theory it should have been really good, but it was just so-so, so i got the cross off on the meal planning sheet and a big fat no.  It also had way to much prep, which is why I like the crock pot I don't want to prep I just want to toss and go.  I have found since doing our meal plan, my original 17 meals is probably going to last us 5-6 weeks instead of 4.  The reason is because we actually have made the meals last longer than I expected and a few meals we have had enough ingredients left to make it again.

I thought I would share this Chicken & Corn Soup/Stew Recipe with you all because Jason really liked it, and even complimented me on it the next day which rarely happens.  I thought it was good, my only reservation is that the recipe calls it a chili but it wasn't at all so I renamed it Soup/Stew because it's not really brothy but it's not really a stew either, so you can call it what ever you like.   The second night I mixed it with noodles to make a goulash, I like to do this anytime I make chili type things so to change it up a but.  As with all recipes I do my own little tweaks, so I will put both down so that you can decide for yourself!!

As you may probably realize by now I never comment on if Augie likes it or not, he truly won't try anything other than noodles, cheesy things or chik fingers for dinner.  He usually sits at the table and points at our plates saying "that's yucky momma, that's yucky" and sometimes if I'm lucky when I'm feeding Addie he will look at her food and scream "Noooooo baby, that's yucky!!!!" which then scares her and gets her in a tizzy and then dinner fun really begins.

I sometimes wonder why I even put so much pressure on myself for dinner, I rarely get to eat it hot, I always am eating it one handed, I get up every few minutes and it's usually who ever can talk the loudest between Augie and Jason.  At which I then zone out.  So tonight when you sit down for dinner if you are bored do the following things and think of me;
  1. Put a vase filled to the top with water or some type of liquid on a lazy susan.
  2. Make a bowl of watery oatmeal.
  3. Turn on the t.v. and the radio (yes both)
  4. Turn them up loud! ( this is mimicking the sound of Augie and Jason :))
  5. After you plate up the food put yours in the fridge, wait 5 mins, take it out.
  6. Now sit down.
  7. Have your spouse/partner/roommate (whoever!) spin the lazy susan...fast.
  8. Start eating, you can only use your right hand for everything, that includes cutting things...you'll figure it out.
  9. With the lazy suzy spinning take spoonfuls of the oatmeal and try to dump them in the vase while looking over your right shoulder saying "yes sweetheart, one more bite please" over and over again.
  10. Excuse everyone from the table including your spouse/partner... sit  alone and enjoy the glass of wine you poured!!
It's just another day in paradise folks and I wouldn't change it for the world!

2 comments: