Sunday, February 20, 2011

Creativity in the Bathroom

I had another one of those "what in the heck do I do, nobody told me about this" momma moments today.  I took the kids to the Columbus Museum of Art, which was fantastic and free!! While we were there I really had to use the restroom, so I wheeled the sit in stand to the bathroom and maneuvered our way in .  Now on the door it had a little handicap symbol but there is no way in Haiti's that a wheel chair could fit in the largest stall.  So I tried to push the stroller in the stall and realized there was no way that it would fit and I could shut the door.  So there I was in the bathroom with the mini bus, having to pee and stuck. Of course the stalls were situated directly from the sink and the wall of mirrors so I'm looking at my reflection thinking what to do.  I couldn't bring myself to push the kids out and close the stall door and I couldn't get them both down because where would I put Addie?  So I decided to get creative and I pushed the stroller in as far as I could, held a blanket up with my teeth for a curtain and just gave the women that walked in a look of "when you got to go, you got to go!!"

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that is an awesome image! Good for you for just making it work! I have no idea what I would've done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol...I really did laugh out loud! I love it! What you write about is SO true. I never know what to do either!

    ReplyDelete