Sunday, February 20, 2011

Photography

As I mentioned earlier I took an amateur photography class on Saturday.  I have a middle of the line camera, it gets the job done but doesn't deliver like DSLR's.  I hope to one day buy a DSLR but it will be awhile so for now I will make do.  Anyways, I went to this class confident and left realizing that I know nothing about actual "photography."  My head is still spinning and I'm still trying to make heads and tails of my notes, I think I need to read the owners manual again and then start practicing.  I did sit next to a very nice girl who has a 9 mos old and 2 year old and we talked alot, so hopefully I made a new friend, I'm always looking to make new ones!

I'm really fortunate because Jason and I decided early on the photography would be our splurge on the kids.  We knew we wanted to do maternity pictures, well I knew I wanted to do them and given I was waddling around with his almost 10lb baby, he wanted them too.  So I found a photographer and since have become slightly obsessed with her.  Erin Johnson some how captures every emotion that I feel in her pictures.  I sometimes think that I will never be able to put into words how much I love Augie and Addie but when I look at the pictures that she has taken I feel like she has frozen my love for them in each photograph. 

So I have ended my weekend realizing that photography will just be something that I enjoy but definitely never my career.  Going to the workshop inspired me to find some more classes to take, I think next up will be a sewing class!

PS: make sure to check out Erin's Website, she really is fantastic both as a person and a photographer!

1 comment:

  1. your words gave me chills and may possibly be some of the kindest thing anyone has ever said about my work. I am so so fortunate to have met you and your beautiful babies. It has been an honor to be able to capture them!

    ReplyDelete