Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Different Worlds

I honestly think that men and women are from completely different worlds, and I often wonder if we are really meant to be together.  I always knew that we think differently but it wasn't until I had kids that I realized that our mental makeup is so drastically different that it's astounding.  Today was just a crummy day, you know those days, you wake up with all of these great intentions and then bad moods, short naps and life in general makes for a doozy of a day.  Today was a first Jason took both of the kids out by himself, surprisingly he survived.  He had the day off,and like usual he ended up getting grumpy because he didn't get any "me" time.  We ended up bickering because of this and that just left a bad taste in my mouth.

I used to fret over these things when we first had Augie, from the start I was perfectly content being with Augie all day long.  And now with 2 on most days it never crosses my mind to be away from them , or the fact that I did nothing today for "me". Everyday he needs to have his "alone" time, whether he goes to work or not. There is never a day, a minute or a moment that I abandon the thoughts of the kids and do something.  If I run to Target, take a shower, make a Dr's appointment my first thought is always of the kids.  These are the things tha Jason just doesn't comprehend, he just goes about his day because lets face it I've got the kids covered.  I always (Sorry if I'm jumping, I'm catching up on my Oprah DVR and this whole Trump Family thing is kind of making me gag!)  Anyways someone told me once that you realize how needy your spouse/boyfriend/babydaddy (whoever!) is once you have a child and man were they right!!!! I do love my husband and I do think that he is a great poppa, but I honestly don't get where he is coming from.  And on the flip side I don't think he honestly sees what I do day in and day out, that being a mom is the absolute most selfless act.  I find on crummy days like these I have to take lots of deep breaths and suck on lots of lifesavers so that I don't let it get the best of me.  Sometimes I just want to scream, but I know that we are like oil and water when it comes to how we think.  Now don't get me wrong I'm all about communicating but I think there are aspects where men and women are just different simple as that.  By the way, study's have shown that sucking on a flavored life saver or hard candy can reduce stress by allowing you to concentrate on the yummy flavors!

Well I know this post has been all over the place but I just needed to vent,I'm sure Jason is at pool tonight venting about me too!

3 comments:

  1. I totally know what you mean. All day long I'm thinking of E as well as everything household-related. He can turn it off when he goes to work and not think about it again until he leaves work. It's a common argument in our household, especially since I'm working outside the home, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am right there with you. I try explaining it to Brandon but honestly he will never get it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMEN! jamie had a day off work this week and got to sleep in (not that he has EVER taken a night feeding or the early morning one). it really annoyed me because i realized MY job (SAHM) doesn't have days off. i feel like his days off should also be days off for me (if we share) but it doesn't usually work that way does it?

    ReplyDelete