Monday, March 21, 2011

Can't Hardly Wait

So a few days after the conversation with the store owner I received an interesting message on facebook.  Facebook is such a funny little place. I received this message from a guy that I grew up with.

Hey Christy do you remember me? The last time I remember speaking to you wwas in eighth grade I believe. Our lockers were in the same hall and I think we were even in the same art class. After that you kinda dissappeared as I did too I suppose. High School was more of a blur for me, don't remember much at all...I regret that so much, I really regret not knowing where you and other went. Have you ever seen that movie with that young guy who had a crush on Jennifer Love Hewett since grade schoool and finally at the end he lets her know even though its too late? That movie reminds me entirely of you believe it or not. All throughout school, including highschool you were an 11 in a 1-10 rating system, maybe the dimples I dont know, but regardless the only one in your class. The only one that I regret not letting know what was going on in my head. But....it's good to see you are doing good, a family and happy. No kids for me yet, in fact I got a late start, this August I am transferring to Columbus State for the Vet Tech program. Anyhow.....this is already long enough so I had better say bye. Just crossing things off my bucket list for some closure. Dont take it the wrong way or get freaked out though. :)
 
Now I must admit I was flattered.  I mean lets face it, when you are parusing with kids all day and you can't even remember the last time that your husband complimented you, to get a note like this did make me smile.  I do remember who he was, could I pick him out of a lineup maybe.  I still haven't responded, which I feel really bad about.  But I feel like a response could go one of two ways.  SO I wanted to solicit your alls advice!!
 

2 comments:

  1. Please message me and let me know who this is. This made me smile. I would send a very short and sweet response thanking him for the compliment and stating that you are very happy and hopes he finds that too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, that's a great message to receive! I think I'd just send him one back thanking him.

    ReplyDelete