Sunday, March 20, 2011

Where to begin

As I stated earlier it has been a crazy, busy week.  Addie got tubes in both ears on Thursday and did great during surgery, but she did have a double ear infection as to be expected and now she has a cold or something.  I'll probably take her back to the pedi tomorrow because she has been battling a 101-102 degree fever for the past day or two along with not sleeping.  (Which will probably turn this one post into 3 or 4)  Along with tubes it is also March Madness and yes I fill out the brackets and love to follow along.  I actually won one last year and was really hoping for a repeat this year, but after tonight that is looking very improbable.

On to the new chapter in my life.  As most of you know I was laid off from my job as Director of Operations for 2(3) Aveda salons last April.  I was a lucky person whereas I absolutely loved my job. Not to say it didn't have it's moments but for the most part it was great.  I probably never would have left but I truly do believe that all things happen for a reason.  I was 6 weeks shy of having Addie when I was laid off and unfortunately we only had 2 weeks to prepare for my new unemployment status.  I must admit I was kind of on the cocky side and a bit naive to all of the "it's impossible to find a job" hype and I honestly thought I would find one.  Well I have yet to find one, I have extinguished my state unemployment benefits and have now moved on to the federal extension.  Because I have been able to get little side jobs, I claim that on my weekly benefits and it makes my unemployment last a little longer.    I am still actively looking and have applied for over 300 jobs at this point and have received 3 call backs.  Yes that is correct 3 so I'm batting a .01% average.

But truth be told I'm kind of living a stay at home mom lie.  We honestly can't afford it.  There was a reason that I was planning on going back to work after Addie was born and we do struggle week to week.  Now we aren't scraping the bottom of the barrel but if we want to do anything extra there is no money there.  So I have been praying, jotting, applying, brainstorming ect... for some type of way to make a steady income from home.  When voila my friend Melissa calls.

Melissa and I met in Lamaze class and we had our first babies 3 days apart, I had a boy (obviously) she had a little girl 3 days later.  We stayed in touch after class and then after the babies were born met with another girl from our class for weekly walks until sadly she moved.  We have remained friends and get together about twice a year, we also found out we were pregnant for the second time around the same time and this time our babies were 4 days a part, she had another baby girl on a Monday and Addie was born that Friday.  Well I have always thought that our friendship and our chance meeting had a purpose.  The reason I say chance is because I delivered at OSU but decided to take my class through Riverside not OSU.

So here's the fun part, I am so excited that I have become an Arbonne Consultant with Melissa.  We are diving into this adventure together and I am so hopeful for what the future brings.  If you are wondering what Arbonne is, it's a great botanical skin care line that is all natural. There products range from baby care to anti aging, make-up to vitamins.  With my salon experience and working with Aveda I feel like this is something I'm very passionate about as well as have some contacts.  I'm really excited to  go on this journey and am optimistic that it will provide for us a source of income that brings us to a more comfortable place.

I will definitely be updating you all on my progress, but don't worry I won't be converting this into a sellers blog, although I will be sharing things as they come up.  And of course if you have any questions for me about the products or want to hear more or be one of my guinea pigs and help me host a workshop I would be more than grateful!!

No comments:

Post a Comment