Friday, March 4, 2011

Unexpected Response

First I want to thank everyone for their encouraging comments and messages.  My intent was not to make anyone sad I just wanted to bring light to a subject that obviously a lot of women deal with.  So thanks for listening.

Second in my quest to de-clutter and make money I have began walking around the house with my iphone camera taking pictures and posting to craigslist.  I decided to put my Kate Spade Diaper bag up for sale that I only used a handful of times.  Of course the first and only inquiry I have received was from a non-profit Catholic School wondering if I would want to donate it to their silent auction and then write it off as a donation on my taxes next year.  I gently declined and explained that if the situation was different I would definitely consider but given that I lost my job and we are trying to make money where we can I would be unable.  I also suggested that she call a salon or spa if she hasn't already, because we were always donating products and services.  Well I didn't expect to hear back from her and then the next morning I received this e-mail:

          I totally understand.  I am unemployed as well.  Not to get into your business, but I used to be a case worker for children’s services:  So I want to make sure that you have hit everything that you can apply for to get items you can get to help you in this time.    Unemployment will help, but make sure that you have applied for WIC.  As well as calling 211.  There is a website that 211 will give you to research as well as ODJFS.com  you can all also call or get online to St. Steven’s community house.  They will help with formula and diapers.  Call JOIN and they will be able to refer you to other agencies for formula and diapers.  There are many agencies that will be able to give you a can of formula here or there.  And if you go around to collect those in additions to the WIC you will not have to worry about buying those.  Plus, the agencies will help with diapers, the two main costs with infants.
You can also get babysitting to go and look for a job.  It is a matter of looking and asking for the right agencies to fund it.  So don’t get down with it. 
And to be honest with you, even thought I have had to coupon beyond belief and watch every dime, I have had so much fun this last year with my children.
We will add you and your baby in our prayers and hope that things get better for you.
Chris

I just thought that was very sweet and wanted to share.  I mean I'm just a random person on Craigslist and she didn't have to respond with anything.  It's nice to know there are kind people out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment