Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Hand Me Down Over Load

We are truly blessed to get hand me downs for Augie, but they have been a little overwhelming.  I've been reading Clear your Clutter with Feng Shui and have been working on getting rid of somethings in the house.  I think I stated earlier that I'm expecting it to take about 6-9 mos to get through the entire house top to bottom.  So I decided to tackle the bags, among bags, among bags of boys clothes sized 3-5 given to us from my sister and sister in law.  Because in reality there is no way that Augie could wear all of the clothes given to him, and after sorting the clothes I realized that there is no way 5 boys could wear all of the clothes given to us.  I found myself totally sounding like an old lady when I was going through the bags, I kept mumbling to myself " they need smaller closets, there kids should have to share a room, they should have 2 kids worth of clothes in one dresser, they have too much storage space".  Now don't get me wrong I'm totally thankful but seriously there was a TON of clothes and all good clothes, in good condition, nothing was stained or ripped, everything was a brand name and everything was cute.  So as I went through I had to pick and choose what to keep and what to give away.  As I was going through the size 4 pants I started throwing the ones I liked into a storage bin.  Once I was done with size 4 I looked up and realized that 38 pairs of pants it probably too many for Augie.
Yes, I gave size 4 pants away too.

After 2 hours and 8 bags I was finally through all of the hand me downs.  I'm sending what I decided not to keep to my mom's friends grandson.  My guess is that she will be able to pass the bags on to at least 3 more little boys.

The 3 full bags I'm giving away.

I was so excited to get this done, my house is feeling Feng Shui-ey already! Well not really but it does feel good.

No comments:

Post a Comment