Friday, March 11, 2011

The Roller Coaster

I sometimes feel like everyday is like a roller coaster that I'm riding on but I'm not at an amusement park instead I'm at home, in my mini-van or who knows where else.  I also never get off the roller coaster and I must admit sometimes I get a little motion sickness.  Yesterday was one of those days where the highs and the lows were making me dizzy and periods of euphoria were smacked down by feelings of frustration and anger.

Our day started out fun, we went to this great paint studio called Gallery 202 and met some friends for a play date.  Class was over by 11 so we decided to go to McDonald's with one of our friends since it was too early for a nap.  Of course my nap theory backfired and Augie decided to not take a nap and Addie just slept in the car.  Once we were home and I realized that no one was going to take naps I decided we would take a trip to the Grocery to pick up my Dry Cleaning.  It was around 3.  Once we got in the car I quickly realized that I didn't have my wallet. I scoured the car, ran inside looked everywhere and then remember that it had fallen out at McD's and I had shoved it into my pocket.  I got the kids back into the house amidst a 2 year old over tired melt down and called McD's.  Of course they kept putting me on hold so I finally decided to get everyone back in the car and drive the 25 mins to Westerville.  I got a hold of McD's en route and they hadn't found it, I thought I probably had lost it in the parking lot so I scoured the parking lot and still no wallet.  On my way back I called to cancel all of my credit cards.

Side note; I decided whoever designed the whole canceling of credit cards wasn't thinking like someone who just lost their wallet.  My credit card is through my bank and when I called and followed the prompt it gave me the following options...Press 1 to report your debit card, Press 2 to report your ATM card, Press 3 to report your Credit Card and so on.  It should just give you the option to Press 6 if your whole wallet is gone!!!  So once I picked one option then it asked me for a user id.  Huh???? What user id? so I just pressed 0 (a few times) it then said please enter your account number.  I know some people have this memorized but I don't so I pressed 0 (a few more times, a little harder)  All I wanted to do was to talk with someone! Then of course once I did get a live person I had to verify my last deposit, which apparently I was $5 off so that didn't work, so I had to verify a transaction.  Now I'm sure there is a good reason for all this.   I kept thinking "hmmmm if I stole(found) someones credit card why would I call and cancel the account for them!". 

But anyways after getting transferred to cancel my other cards it was done and we were back home.  The cards were cancelled and I was hanging my vest up in the closet when I saw Augie's crayon/marker bag on the floor of the closet, and there in the bag was my wallet.  It must have fallen out when I hung it up the first time.  And even though I looked in the closet I didn't see it the first time. Go Figure.

Fast forward 2 hours to dinner time, I had gotten all of the dishes done while I was getting dinner ready and decided that we would eat on paper plates.  It's so annoying to get all of the dishes clean and then have 2 sink fulls after dinner.  It's a vicious cycle and I was just over it yesterday.  Jason gets home 2 hours late because he had to work an hour over and then had a chiropractors appt, which when I've had a long day every min he's late is a min too long.  So he gets home the kids have already started eating and I put his fettuccine on a paper plate and he starts giving me grief about serving noodles on a paper plate.  Saying something about the paper absorbing the sauce yaddy yaddy yaddy.  I quickly responded that I just didn't want to do dishes and that I was over it.  Then he of course jumped down my throat about his bad day at work and we ate dinner in silence.  Then he decided to check out.  Now I consider myself fortunate that when Jason needs some alone time he goes to Target and TJ Maxx but man it really got my blood boiling last night.  Checking out is totally not even an option for me.  I'm always checked in!!!  There is never a moment, an instance, a second where I can just throw on my coat and say "I'm going out".  Just to leave the house by myself it takes planning, preparation, making sure everything is set up for my departure.  You would think I was going on a mini vacation just to run to the grocery by myself.  I guess I just don't get it.  I know it goes back to how we are wired but still, he has NO CLUE what it is like to have a crappy day and not be able to show it.  I know that you shouldn't always put on a front for your kids, but I do, nobody wants a grumpy momma.

So that was my roller coaster yesterday, ups and downs, flips and races, hoping I at least get a flat stretch today.

2 comments:

  1. I totally get the dishes. I even have a dishwasher but still handwash atleast 5 loads a day. It is never ending especially since making baby food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to share a quick story- So I work a couple days a week- which is more than enough for me I m ight add. On the days off I am cleaning, laundy, taking care of 2 chilresn, lunch, naps, training for 1/2 marathon -working out while they nap, errands...and then there are the random things like- clipping the girls nails, reorganizing the girls clothes, putting away the ones that are too small. etc. etc.

    So Mike calls me in the morning, I am trying to feed the girls breakfast- Isabel decides she wants to sit on the bench without a placemat- spills milk everywhere, while Gabrielle just grabed the bowl of baby cereal that I left on her highchair. He calls: me- "Hello" mike- "Hi, what are you doing today" me- "going to clean the house" (we are having a few people over). mike "ok, so really what are you going to do.When you say that you are going to clean you put like 5 things away" ok at this point all I want to do is yell back- but I just say "ok do you need anything else. I have to go"

    Really??? Really??? Do you have any idea how many loads of laundry I do, how I try to take the kids out of the house to do something every day. How many times I pick up the same toy???

    Frustrating.

    ReplyDelete