Monday, March 7, 2011

Chicken Noodle Soup Go To

Everyone needs a go to or a staple recipe.    This recipe was given to me by Jason's grandma, the first time I saw her whip it up in under 5 mins I was in awe and then once I tasted it I was in love.  So here it is from my kitchen to yours!

Grandma B's Chicken Noodle Soup

What you need:
  • Rotiserree Chicken-meat pulled off
  • Carrots Sliced- how ever much you like I always have baby carrots and cut up about 10 or so.
  • Celery Sliced- your choice again, I do about 3 stalks.
  • Onion Diced- I use about a 1/2 a bag of frozen diced onion.
  • 8-12 cups of Chicken Broth or Stock- I use L.B. Jamison's Soup Base.  It is my ultime favorite, I use it in any recipe that calls for chicken broth or stock. It's 1 tsp per 8oz of boiling water and I always like to throw in an extra tsp.
  • 1/2 a box of Acini Di Pepe noodles- I buy the Giant Eagle brand.
  • Salt, Pepper and Parsley Flakes.
  1. Bring 8-12 cups of chicken stock to a boil in a large stock pot add carrots,celery, chicken, onion, salt, pepper and parsley flakes.  Cover and reduce heat to a simmer (low/med) heat.
  2. Simmer for about 30 mins until veggie's are tender.
  3. While the soup is simmering, cook noodles as directed.
  4. Put a scoop or two of noodles in each bowl and pour soup over.  Serve with bread and we like to sprinkle fancy parmesean or ramano cheese. Enjoy!
* When storing leftovers store the noodles and soup seperately, this keeps it brothier.

No comments:

Post a Comment