Monday, March 14, 2011

My (not so) Ordinary Life

I find my life to be pretty boring, which I'm totally fine with.  Well as boring as life can be with a 2 1/2 year old and a 9 mos old.  But sometimes I realize that the things that happen to me on a weekly sometimes daily basis aren't really of the norm.  It usually isn't until it's brought to my attention that I stop and think "oh, that doesn't happen to everyone?".  On friday one of my friend's who I used to work with came over for pizza with her husband and daughter.  Jason started telling the story about a conversation I had last week with a local shop owner.

 *Note Jason is a funny guy, well he thinks he is funnier than he is, but he has a dry humor and he is always messing with people.  I get his humor so when I tell you his comments don't think he's a total jerk!

What did she just ask?!?!?
       Last weekend I stopped by a local shop that the kids and I frequent, I had dropped one of Addie's toys in the parking lot and they had it there.  I typically go during the week and talk with one of the owners but the other owner works on saturday and was there when I stopped by.  I have met her a few times but I wouldn't know her if I saw her at the park like I do the other.  For our conversation I'm just going to refer to her as SO (store owner).

SO- "hi there! Look at you, how did you lose all the baby weight? you are so skinny."
Me (taken a little off gaurd) " thanks, chasing the two kids around"
SO- "Oh come on, you don't eat" nudging me "I mean none of us do!"
Me (doing an awkard laugh) "So, I'm hear to pick up a toy we left"
So "By the way did your husband come in last week with your son?"
Me- "No, wasn't him"
SO " Oh it looked like your little boy...be honest are you way better looking than your husband"
Me (puzzled and a little in shock) " Umm what??"
SO -"like did your husband marry out of his league with you?  This guy I saw that I thought maybe was your husband, I thought wow I bet she gets what ever she wants because he definitely married out of his league, he was not attractive.  So be honest are you better looking than your husband?"
Me (spying the toy on the counter) " No, I'd say that my husband and I are on equal ground...oh there's our toy, well it was great seeing you again, take care!!"
SO- "You too, nice talking with you!"

I walked back to the car thinking, did I really just have that converation?!?!? When I got back in the car I started laughing, Jason asked what I was laughing about, so I filled him in on the conversation I had just had.  When I finished my story he responded "Equal? You said equal?  You married way out of your league with me!" (with a smile)  I smiled and said "Yep I sure did, old man, I sure did."  (Jason is 8  years older than me.) 

3 comments:

  1. lol That is really bizarre. You should have walked him into the store to show him off!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg! I can't believe she asked that! Obviously she was trying to pay a compliment, but that was kind of a backhanded way of doing it! I love Jason's comment, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol. That is really weird!? Who says those things to people???

    ReplyDelete