Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Popcicles Umm Never Mind

Jason bought me a Zoku Popsicle maker 2 years ago for Christmas.  I have to be honest I had never actually used the Zoku that I just "had" to have.  I was already to make them a few weeks ago when I pulled it out of the freezer and much to my horror the Zoku was leaking this weird blue fluid.  I called Williams Sonoma and told them about my oozing Zoku and lucky for me I wasn't the first one to have this happen to them so they gladly would replace it for.  So I decided last night I was finally going to make Popsicles and chocolate pudding pops sounded like the perfect choice.  The Zoku has to freeze for 24 hrs before use so we had been hyping up the creation of the fudgecicles for a whole day.  Early into the Popsicle making we ran into a little snafu, I'm not sure if you have ever made pudding but it's 5 min pudding and although 5 mins seems like a long time it's really fast when you are trying to let your 2 1/2 year old help.  The pudding was thickening as Jason was trying to pour it into the machine, here is the conversation that transpired.

       Me "you are supposed to put the sticks in first, then pour"
       Jason-putting the first stick in then pouring "it's dumb they tell you to put the stick in first...this harder than it looks the pudding is really thick...we're going to do this poppa's way" filling first then putting the stick in the next 2 molds
       ...10 long minutes later
       Me "Popsicles are ready!!!!!"
       Augie "Yay, chocolate, yay!"
      Me "hey hun" pause "they won't come out"
      Jason "I'll try"  tries all 3 unsuccessfully then claims and old finger injury. (yes I'm serious!)
      Me- reading the directions titled Help My Popsicles Won't Come Out "if you insert the sticks after you pour the Popsicles will not come out...de-thaw,clean, dry completely and then refreeze for 24 hrs"

Thanks dear!!!!

We will be attempting Juice Pops tomorrow night.  To be continued...

2 comments:

  1. Whatever happened to juice in ice cube trays and freezing? I've also heard of pudding shots (like jello shots) make them without alcohol. sounds like that might be easier. Either way Good Luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha...sounds like something mike would do. What is zoku? I'll have to look it up. We are still coming this weekend...see you Sunday!

    ReplyDelete